rooting my htc incredible 2. is it worth it?

slacker_227

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am wondering if yall could give me your input about rooting my phone and what the pros n cons are. I read an thread on here and was seeking more input. Thanks in advance.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you hate loading patches manually, and don't like to keep up with changes to your ROM (what we call your device's operating system), or loading 3rd party ROM's and then keeping up with all the changes and versions of that ROM... then you are going to really hate rooting your phone. If you do not keep up with the patches or load a 3rd party ROM then you will get OTA notifications, and if one of those OTA's load, then you could have very sever issues with your device and possible even brick it, or just cause you sever headaches for several hours trying to fix your device.

If you like loading different ROMs, and playing with different looks, patching your device manually if you stay with your providers basic ROM, finding/loading/playing with some apps you did not have access to before rooting, taking screen shots, loading a Free Wifi app and using it... then you will love rooting your phone.

Personally, when I rooted my old Thunderbolt... I loved having it rooted. I just kept loading different 3rd party ROMs... like CyanogenMod, LiquidSmooth, Gingeritis 3D, or several different BAMF ROM versions. All developers of these ROMs usually turned out new version or fixed minor issues with their ROMs every month or so... so I was always loading new patch or version change of that ROM or loading a new ROM entirely. All that being said I've kept my Droid RAZR Maxx stock and have not found the need to Root it.

slacker_227

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the basic layout of.my phone but was told that rooting it could make it faster, save battery life, and run free WiFi to my pc from it. A few apps I was looking into require my phone to be rooted in order to use them but other then that not really sure what the benefits would be. If it would be more of a hassle to maintain the root process then it is to deal with the occasional problem here and there (mainly the speed and its not that often it runs slow) then I might not even do it. Thanks for your input