Straight Talk-Why no Speed Test

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought a Note to try out ST. It's been great so far.

What I'd like to know is why the Speed Test app works sometimes for mobile data and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd like to do some tests before deciding if I want to stick with Sprint or completely swap to ST.

It always works on wifi.

FYI, when it has worked I've had dl speeds over 5mbps compared to the 100kbps I get with Sprint.

Anyone know why it doesn't always work?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

huffphil

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping for some clarification on this issue as well. I recently switched to straight talk with my new galaxy nexus and I have yet to find out what my data speeds are. I bought a sim card for the att network since their coverage was better than t mobile.

I almost always get a strong signal with the H showing up in my status bar, but I have used mostly wifi at home and work, so I haven't tested the network much. When I run the speed test app from the network towers, it shows upload speeds of over 1mbs. However, the download speeds show on average of 6 to 18 kbps speeds. Something seems to be wrong. Many times the app just fails completely to register any speeds.

Any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

stevensoaj

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Remove the proxy from your Straight Talk apn settings and it should work.

I was having the same problem, and this just fixed it for me!

babsinc1

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Removing the proxy worked for me too! Should it be left off even after the speedtest? Can you explain why this works? I thought that removing the proxy woul prevent me from being able to access the web.

jazz mcomas

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Samsung galaxy nexus from Google and before I put it on straight talk I updated to jellybean. The question I have is sometimes my benchmark here in west Virginia was about 2.0 meg down and 3.0 up. But my Sim is attached and it bounces from HSDPA sometimes hsdpa15. Would it have been better and stronger if I would left it ICS?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95