chrome help

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can watch videos on my iPad using chrome but when I use my nexus 7 I can't. Says I need flash player :! Just wondering why I can't on one but can on the other'

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you can watch something on the ipad, you should be able to watch it with chrome. As you may know flash is dead now. You can sideload the flash apk, but can't dl it off the play store anymore. Only thing I can think of, is if your not on the mobile version of the site. Both chrome and i anything are using HTML5 now.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know all that. But it was weird I loaded the same page. (Both in desktop) and it would only play on the iPad :(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've had the same problem. For some reason, videos using Chrome on my iPad (2) are defaulting over to the HTML5 version (so the video plays), but on Android Chrome on my Galaxy S3, it tries to play the Flash version (which Chrome doesn't support).

I haven't figured out how to get Android Chrome to request the HTML5 version like the iPad is. It's annoying, so I've resorted back to Dolphin HD for those sites.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've had the same problem. For some reason, videos using Chrome on my iPad (2) are defaulting over to the HTML5 version (so the video plays), but on Android Chrome on my Galaxy S3, it tries to play the Flash version (which Chrome doesn't support).

I haven't figured out how to get Android Chrome to request the HTML5 version like the iPad is. It's annoying, so I've resorted back to Dolphin HD for those sites.

Yeah. I went back to the "browser" but I thought that was weird