Cannot see "Camera" mode in Google Translate

anon(950802)

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello People,

I am not able to see the "Camera" mode in Google Translate app on my SGS2.

I was trying to take a picture and convert text from the image in google translate.... but I don't see the camera option anywhere within Google Translate.

Can someone please let me know how I can do this or how can I translate text from images in Google Translate?

Thanks in advance.. Cheers.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
its usually is on the bottom bar in ICS and Jelly Bean. if you are on GB then it might be buried in the menu(Not sure).
Click menu and you might see camera.

Also, are you using latest version? because the camera feature came very recently. Update your app.

anon(950802)

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
its usually is on the bottom bar in ICS and Jelly Bean. if you are on GB then it might be buried in the menu(Not sure).
Click menu and you might see camera.

Also, are you using latest version? because the camera feature came very recently. Update your app.

Thanks.

I am with ICS
I don't see it in the "menu"
Yes, I am using the latest version of the app

Could it be that since Finnish isn't supported yet (I am in Helsinki), I am not seeing the Camera mode (even if my system language is English)?

crwallace2

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
When I use the translate app with the camera mode, I have noticed that it depends on which languages you are trying to translate from. For instance if I try to translate from German (I have a German co-worker) I can use the camera, but not for Hindi (I also have an Indian co-worker).

anon(950802)

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When I use the translate app with the camera mode, I have noticed that it depends on which languages you are trying to translate from. For instance if I try to translate from German (I have a German co-worker) I can use the camera, but not for Hindi (I also have an Indian co-worker).

Oh yes. Here it is :) Thanks a lot for that....

Yes, when I use German - English for example, I see the Camera mode... not when I try Finnish - English.

So that depends on the language then.... Good to know.

Thanks again and cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38