does sms popup or popup notification use batter?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i was just wondering if these apps use battery? also i worry about using applications on my phone because i don't want it to use a lot of battery, should i worry? and if i look at what's using my battery will it show everything that's using my battery?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
i was just wondering if these apps use battery? also i worry about using applications on my phone because i don't want it to use a lot of battery, should i worry? and if i look at what's using my battery will it show everything that's using my battery?

You can check the battery stats to see if its active and how much battery is being consumed. If you are concerned about battery life, which I don't think those two apps are using all that much, you can use a third-party app (Handcent, Chomp, Go SMS) and enable the pop-ups if that's a feature you want. Make sure to disable the notification in the stock SMS App.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
does handcent use a lot of battery? also if an app isn't listed as using battery does that mean it isn't using battery? And is there an app to see what apps are using my battery?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are apps in the Play Store that allow you to see which apps are working in the background (which consumes battery) and have the ability to manage those apps. But, you could do the same without an app. Go into settings and look for the battery menu. You'll see which apps are consuming battery and can stop those apps if necessary or find an alternative.

Apps won't say in the Play Store if they consume battery. Alls apps do when in use. The key is to find good apps that are in use only when necessary and can be shutoff or programed to conserve how often polling takes place. I've had no problems with Handcent and it has the pop-up feature. Give it a try and if you don't like it simply uninstall it.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
alright thanks. so handcent doesn't use any battery? and also when i sign into handcent with my handcent account it always shows up in my running services. Does it do that to you? and if i go to my settings>about>battery use if an app im using doesn't show up there does that mean it is not using a lot of battery? thanks for helping me :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a handcent account so can't help you there. I just use the app as a replacement for sms and didn't sign-up for an account. The app has to stay active/pole every so-often to receive messages. I wouldn't worry about it wasting the battery. If your battery life is drastically decreased then its probably the result of some other app or setting on the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non