Will vibrate on keypress use battery?

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Why do you even ask this question and who was the mfg that told you it wouldn't?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Look, everything you do on your device uses battery. Operating the vibrating mechanism is going to use more battery than, say, generating a sound when you press a key. And clearly, turning vibration off means you won't be using the battery to power the vibrating mechanism. So is it going to cause drastic battery drain if you keep it on? No. But if you're trying to squeeze every last drop of battery power out of your device, then turn off the vibration and the sound with keypress. I would also turn off vibration when the phone rings and vibration with notifications, if you're concerned about it.

RedheartFiM

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Look, everything you do on your device uses battery. Operating the vibrating mechanism is going to use more battery than, say, generating a sound when you press a key. And clearly, turning vibration off means you won't be using the battery to power the vibrating mechanism. So is it going to cause drastic battery drain if you keep it on? No. But if you're trying to squeeze every last drop of battery power out of your device, then turn off the vibration and the sound with keypress. I would also turn off vibration when the phone rings and vibration with notifications, if you're concerned about it.
Thank you, but I have another question. Does it use any more battery power than just having sounds on? Because if not, I kind of prefer it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're asking if vibration uses more battery than just having sounds on, then yes, it will use somewhat more battery. The more the vibration goes off, the more battery will be used.