Best Android for BlackBerry-style notifications?

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering switching from BlackBerry to an Android, but one BB feature I'd hate to lose is the ability to customize the various alerts and LED colors for different notifications. Specifically, I have it so that it blinks blue for IMs, green for emails and red for missed calls. It also alerts with a different sound for each of those as well.

I see that there are various android apps to change LED colors and so on, but it seems not every phone is compatible with every app, especially when it comes to the LED, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to what combination will work.

Has anyone moved from BlackBerry and found a combination of phone/OS/apps that work well together and can provide similar notification functionality to a BlackBerry?

I'd prefer to stick with Verizon, and thus the DNA or Razr Maxx HD are my current favs, but I'm open to changing carriers if need be to keep those functions.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think LightFlow currently works well on the DNA (which is a deal breaker for me) but hopefully the Dev will fix that.
On most other devices supporting LED Notifications though, LightFlow is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think LightFlow currently works well on the DNA (which is a deal breaker for me) but hopefully the Dev will fix that.
On most other devices supporting LED Notifications though, LightFlow is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

So its not a hardware problem then? An app update will fix it? I was afraid maybe the particular led was not capable of other colors . . Good to hear its possible.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hence my problem lol... love the Nexus 4, but it won't work on Verizon, which I'd prefer if possible for the coverage. Love the DNA, but it doesn't seem to like LightFlo. Like the Razr Maxx HD, but it's getting a bit older now and I'm not sure about it's compatability.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it's software...you might want to contact the LightFlow Dev.
He's super nice & quite responsive.
He's also very much open to working with others & helping people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa