Best way to get mobile internet connectivity.

Reuben Mikul

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased a Toshiba Excite 10 AT305-T32 tablet to use when I travel with my job. I've already connected to the internet using Wi-Fi but I would like to be able to connect when no Wi-Fi is available. On my work computer I use an aircard from Sprint mobile that works great on my laptop but when searching the various cell providers all I seem to find are hot-spots that provide 4g capability and the ability to connect numerous devices which I don't need. I've also found a few providers that have what they call a "stick" which seems to be what I want but it looks like they only work on laptop operating systems and I'm looking for something to work with Android. Something with a mini USB would be great since my tablet has one but I could always buy an adapter is all that is available is a USB. I'm sure there are many out there who have mobile connectivity so please share your wisdom with this newbie. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your mobile phone is Android and not yet on Jellybean (i.e., it's still on Ice Cream Sandwich), see if you can install FoxFi, which can make your phone into a wifi hotspot. You can then connect your Excite to your phone's wifi hotspot. FoxFi is not available on all mobile providers, though--Sprint and AT&T apparently block it from Google Play. You can install it from this site, though: FoxFi Installer

Reuben Mikul

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If your mobile phone is Android and not yet on Jellybean (i.e., it's still on Ice Cream Sandwich), see if you can install FoxFi, which can make your phone into a wifi hotspot. You can then connect your Excite to your phone's wifi hotspot. FoxFi is not available on all mobile providers, though--Sprint and AT&T apparently block it from Google Play. You can install it from this site, though: FoxFi Installer

Hopefully there is another way. My cell provider is Sprint and the service is terrible in my area so I would prefer to not use them. AT&T is really good around here but it is to early to change my cell service but I guess I could just get a data package through them and purchase an AT&T hot spot device on EBay or Amazon.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully there is another way. My cell provider is Sprint and the service is terrible in my area so I would prefer to not use them. AT&T is really good around here but it is to early to change my cell service but I guess I could just get a data package through them and purchase an AT&T hot spot device on EBay or Amazon.

This is gonna be your best bet, if your cell service is not so strong.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo