Questions regarding Google Voice and Google Now

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

I've been on AC for several months and just discovered the Android help forum. So, here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to set up your voice mail message on Google Voice? Nothing in the app indicates as such.

2. On the Nexus 4 commercials, the Google Now logo area is different in each phone. But they seem to be cityscapes for the city the person is in. I'm in DC and mine shows mountains. Any way to customize this or is that just an N4 thing or maybe just marketing?

Thanks,

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
EvilMonkey is correct; you have to set up your custom voicemail greetings on the Google Voice site. Settings > Voicemail & Text. As for Google Now, those locale-based backgrounds only show up if you're in a city that has one. I would expect DC to have one, but perhaps it doesn't.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much. You'd think somewhere in the Google Voice app it would indicate a link to set up the voicemail. It wasn't until people started asking me about my strange message that I realized what happened.

And yes you'd think DC would have one. How hard is it to sketch the Capitol bldg, and Washington and Lincoln Memorials with some cherry trees.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa