how do you multi-quote a thread?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How do you multi-quote a post? Some posts in this forum have 2 or 3 or more different sections quoted, so they don't have to reply and quote a whole post. I even think they are able to multi-quote separate posts from different people so they are able to respond to several different different posts all in just one single reply / post. I see the icon that say "multi-quote" but I am not clear how to utilize it.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you multi-quote a post? Some posts in this forum have 2 or 3 or more different sections quoted, so they don't have to reply and quote a whole post. I even think they are able to multi-quote separate posts from different people so they are able to respond to several different different posts all in just one single reply / post. I see the icon that say "multi-quote" but I am not clear how to utilize it.

You can quote multiple posts by pressing the multi-quote button on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last one, click the normal "reply with quote" button. The quick-reply box should then include quotes of all the selected posts. If you want to quote only part of a post, you can select/highlight the text you want to quote and hover your mouse near it. A "quote" button should appear near the text you've selected. This only works for one post, however.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You can quote multiple posts by pressing the multi-quote button on all but the last post you want to quote.

Let me try and practice.

On the last one, click the normal "reply with quote" button

Is this working?
The quick-reply box should then include quotes of all the selected posts.

this is just a practice

Yippie, I did it :) . Thanks! One thing I had to do was use the icon at the top of the msg field (I am using pc) that says "Wrap (QUOTE) tags around selected text"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38