HELP!! My phones gone mental!!

xXxJaneyxXx

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 which is only 2 months old. I noticed this evening that the screen kept flashing on and off by its self, even though i wasn't touching it and it wasn't plugged into anything. After staring at the screen for a while to see what the hell was going on, it appears that a few apps have a mind of their own and decide they want to open up.

Firstly the S Voice (I think that's what its called, Same as Apples Siri), just kept flashing up, and then closing again constantly. (Screen shot attached)

Then the Docking screen, As if I had plugged my phone in the screen just popped up saying the dock is connected. As previously mentioned, the phone is not plugged into anything. (Screen shot attached, please ignore the appointment on my calendar lol)

Then as I was trying to phone my BF to see if he could help me, the speaker kept turning its self on and off, making it difficult to hear what he was saying as it kept cutting in and out.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not very technical and have explained it the best that I can. I look forward to some helpful answers (preferably worded for dummies).

After typing out this post, it appears to have stopped doing it, but would still appreciate some help in case it happens again.

Thanks in advance

Janey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-22-21-24-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-22-21-24-34.png
    108 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2013-03-22-21-21-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-22-21-21-29.png
    514 KB · Views: 21

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 which is only 2 months old. I noticed this evening that the screen kept flashing on and off by its self, even though i wasn't touching it and it wasn't plugged into anything. After staring at the screen for a while to see what the hell was going on, it appears that a few apps have a mind of their own and decide they want to open up.

Firstly the S Voice (I think that's what its called, Same as Apples Siri), just kept flashing up, and then closing again constantly. (Screen shot attached)

Then the Docking screen, As if I had plugged my phone in the screen just popped up saying the dock is connected. As previously mentioned, the phone is not plugged into anything. (Screen shot attached, please ignore the appointment on my calendar lol)

Then as I was trying to phone my BF to see if he could help me, the speaker kept turning its self on and off, making it difficult to hear what he was saying as it kept cutting in and out.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not very technical and have explained it the best that I can. I look forward to some helpful answers (preferably worded for dummies).

After typing out this post, it appears to have stopped doing it, but would still appreciate some help in case it happens again.

Thanks in advance

Janey

Next time try taking the battery out for 10 seconds and see if that helps. That does a soft reset.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You could try clearing your cache by booting into recovery.

To do so turn your phone off, and pull out the battery for 3 seconds then put it back in and put the case on.

To boot into recovery hold down "Volume up + Home button + Power button". Hold all three until you see samsung pop up on the screen, then let go.

When it boots use your volume keys to scroll down to "Wipe Cache" and press the power key. When it finishes scroll back up to "reboot device" and press power key. Your device will reboot and hopefully the problem will be fixed.

If that doesn't help, I would back up all the your info and do a factory reset through the settings menu. It's located in the section titled "Back up and reset".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

humanracer

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have the exact same problem as the OP. My phone charges intermittently now but it is the opening of programs without me doing anything that concerns me more. Is this a trojan? A battery fault? A charger fault? What does "dock is connected" mean. I have tried wiping the cache.

Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress