Can't connect HTC EVO to PC with usb cable

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
please help. After updating to 2.2 (I do not know that this is the cause, this is just the first time that I noticed it) when I connect my HTC Evo to my computer nothing pops up on my phone asking me what I want to do, nor is there a notification on the phone telling me that I am connected. It worked a week ago.

Default Connection > Disk Drive
Ask Me about USB connection type whenever I connect my phone to a pc is checked.

On my laptop, it will show a removeable drive F, but if I click on it, it will ask me to "insert a disk".

I tried my husband's HTC Evo (which has not been upgraded) and it will connect the way it is supposed to, so it is not the cable nor my laptop.

Any thoughts? :(

Thanks.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you have debugging enabled?

I had to go look up where that was. No, it is not enabled, and I forgot to add I am not rooted (if that makes a difference or not). and let me add that it was the official HTC 2.2 OTA upgrade.

Thanks.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
update: the main purpose for this was to switch out sd cards. after removing the battery to remove the sd card (and swapping out info the difficult way instead of using the phone as a drive i might add) and reinstalling the battery, I thought I might try again, the options are now available to me.

Moral: try removing and reinstalling the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty