Stock android email app - 30 day limit on gmails

kohno214

May 23, 2013
Visit site
First, I do not want to use any other email apps. I have tried others (K-9, Maildroid, Aquamail, K-@) but I just like the stock android email app the best. I have my Cox cable (POP3), Yahoo (imap), and Gmail (imap) accounts attached to it and everything is perfect, except for the following:

My Gmail account seems to only sync the last 30 days of emails. Anything older than 30 will not load. I get the "load more messages" line but nothing happens when I click it. I don't have this problem with my Yahoo (also imap) account. I can see all my Yahoo emails just fine regardless of their age.

I can see these older Gmails on my PC email programs (Thunderbird and Outlook) with no problems. I can see them in my Gmail app but I don't want to have to go to this app just to view my older Gmails.

I have Googled this problem and have found a few people with the same issue but none of them have found a solution. The other email apps listed above can all view these older Gmails just not my stock android app. Very frustrating. I have checked its settings but I can't find any that resolve this problem. I have deleted my Gmail account and set it up again but no joy.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jelly Bean v4.1.2.

I must be doing something wrong. I can't believe that the stock android app is the only app that can't sync older Gmails (even though it can sync my old Yahoo emails). Please help me Obi-Wan.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think your correct there.. Could be that one odd thing that Google didn't incorporate into the application.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32