CyanogenMod and Gapps

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy S Captivate (SGH-I897) And I added the CyanogenMod 10.0.0 and Gapps 20121011, when I log onto my phone the google screen telling me to click the android pops up and it says Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped. I forgot to make a back-up and Linux Ubuntu wont allow me to hook up my android even with Mtfps (Sorry if I didnt get that program name right) Any suggestions to how I may fix my phone?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using the sdcard and placing a new " known " working ROM on there and then flashing that from your custom recovery?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Go back into recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot. That should fix the problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

May 31, 2013
Visit site
@Paul627g I cannot install a new rom seeing as I do not have the computer for it (Ubuntu doesnt recognize android)
@srkmangus I tried that and got the same error

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
@Paul627g I cannot install a new rom seeing as I do not have the computer for it (Ubuntu doesnt recognize android)
@srkmangus I tried that and got the same error

Wipe data and cache then reinstall The ROM and gapps. If that doesnt work then you will need to use a card reader to transfer the ROM from the computer to the sd card.

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried that and now my phone when it turns on, all it shows is the At&t sign.
{Edit}
I held the volume buttons down and onw it appears to be in "Download Mode" How do I add something to it?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What I meant was using your computer if it had a sdcard reader and placing a downloaded ROM on your sdcard. Pop the sdcard back into your phone and if you can get back to your custom recovery flash the new ROM from sdcard.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried that and now my phone when it turns on, all it shows is the At&t sign.
{Edit}
I held the volume buttons down and onw it appears to be in "Download Mode" How do I add something to it?

You can load files through download mode but you need the computer to read the phone.

Try loading the ROM again. There isn't much that you can do without the computer.

The phone starts up and gets into download mode so it's not broken.