Droid X2 Battery Indicator Showing LESS Battery Than There Really Is...

Amanda Olafsson

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Droid X2 for almost 2 years, and as phones usually do, the battery life became pretty bad. It would get to 5% and then quickly die halfway through the day.

I purchased a new battery, and found it to be just as bad (supposedly). It would be down to 5% by noon without much usage, so I thought maybe the problem was with my phone and not an old battery. I'd just turn it off or try to find a charger...

It took me a few days to realize that it lasts hours past when it gets to 5%. HOURS. It reached 5% at about 1pm EST today, I used it my whole commute home on the train, made a two 5-10 minute phone calls this evening, and now past 9pm it still hasn't died.

So, it's not the battery. It's not the worst problem to have... but it would be really nice to know how much battery I have left.

Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this problem?

Note: I rooted my phone about 1 week before I got the new battery.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd let the phone discharge until it shuts down, then plug it in and charge it until it hits 100% (that is important: don't disconnect it at 50%, or 75%, or even 99%). Let it charge until it reads 100%, then disconnect the charger. That will reset the battery stats file, and may get things back to where they should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699