Right Android Phone for a new Android User?

geekysam

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

So I have had an iPhone for a while now (about 3 years) and have only just decided to somewhat switch to Android, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the large range of devices currently on the Market. To be completely honest before I got an iPhone I did own a HTC Wildfire, but because the phone was so slow and laggy, it put me off Android for a while. But I have decided that I want a change and it's time to get a new phone. So I was just wondering what phone would be the best for someone trying to switch! I would like a complete change. So i was thinking of either getting a Samsung Galaxy Note I or II, I have about $470 to spend and I found a Note II on a website, but would it be better to wait, or go with another device, like to LG Optimus Pro, I wouldn't mind a pretty large phone (Phablet), nothing over 6" thought. So could you please leave a suggesting, Im kinda new to this all.

Thanks a ton,
GeekySam

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to purchase a phone off contract? What carrier are with?

You can't go wrong with the Note 2. Really, any new flagship device is going to be worth purchasing. At the end of the day it comes down to form and device UI. Have you had a chance to hold any of the new phones currently available?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

So I have had an iPhone for a while now (about 3 years) and have only just decided to somewhat switch to Android, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the large range of devices currently on the Market. To be completely honest before I got an iPhone I did own a HTC Wildfire, but because the phone was so slow and laggy, it put me off Android for a while. But I have decided that I want a change and it's time to get a new phone. So I was just wondering what phone would be the best for someone trying to switch! I would like a complete change. So i was thinking of either getting a Samsung Galaxy Note I or II, I have about $470 to spend and I found a Note II on a website, but would it be better to wait, or go with another device, like to LG Optimus Pro, I wouldn't mind a pretty large phone (Phablet), nothing over 6" thought. So could you please leave a suggesting, Im kinda new to this all.

Thanks a ton,
GeekySam

Welcome to the forums!
If you are trying to get a phone off contract, your options based on your budget will restrict you to midrange phone. You can get a Nexus 4 off Play so long as you are on either TMo or AT&T.

But if you are using your upgrade, you won't spend that much. If this is the case, look at the HTC One, S4, Note 2, or even the Optimus.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
GS4 has an easy mode for first time users which simplifies the interface.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

geekysam

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your feedback!, at the moment I live in Australia, and it seems that Mobile plans here are a lot different, for instance, I paid $0 for my iPhone 5 and I pay $40 each month for 2 years, and I have only completed 1 year. So I would like to buy a new phone as well as keep using my current plan. I will need an unlocked phone, and I found a Note II unlocked for $470, I'm also with Virgin Australia. Thanks again!

GeekySam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress