Accessing External Hard Drive

samg84

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an external hard drive which is connected to my router. I can access this by my Windows laptop. I have Android installed on my TV and I'm trying to access this hard drive. I can see files which are saved on my PC but not those on the external hard drive. Is there a way I can access these?

Thanks

samg84

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I've downloaded this and can see the device however it asks for a user name and password and can't find any combinations that work. It doesn't ask for any user name/password when accessing from the PC.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I've downloaded this and can see the device however it asks for a user name and password and can't find any combinations that work. It doesn't ask for any user name/password when accessing from the PC.

Try the user name and password associated with the router. The storage device might not have one setup unless it comes with a standard security name and password - check the device for this information.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try the user name and password associated with the router. The storage device might not have one setup unless it comes with a standard security name and password - check the device for this information.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Very interesting idea....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress