Instagram - Is there a work around this?

masterzed

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, my friend was on his Instagram account using my phone, and got his account disabled. Now, whenever I log out of mine, it tells me I can't log back in because it's disabled when it actually isn't. Anyone know a fix, or work around this? Cause now it causes problems for me.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, my friend was on his Instagram account using my phone, and got his account disabled. Now, whenever I log out of mine, it tells me I can't log back in because it's disabled when it actually isn't. Anyone know a fix, or work around this? Cause now it causes problems for me.

Just go to Settings > applicatoins > instagram > and wipe data.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Ryandroid86. Wipe the app data and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise, consider uninstalling the app then reinstalling it and go through log-in process to get back into your Instagram account.

UltiDroid

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Ryandroid86. Wipe the app data and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise, consider uninstalling the app then reinstalling it and go through log-in process to get back into your Instagram account.

Tried it already, still can't get back in. I can log in via the website so I know it still exists.

masterzed

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not working.

When you open Instagram, it creates a file called "profig.os". Apparently it uses it do recognize the device, and could be used to log in somehow. :/

Edit: I managed to get in. What I did was uninstall ig, and then that file. I''ve had the file since October 2012, I should have backed it up first just in case I needed it tbh. Dumpster didn't put it in the recycle bin. After that, I did a clean install and managed to get in first time. What I'm scared of now is not being able to get in again. I have two accounts: My personal, and one for a business I'm trying to get running. It's really frustrating to only be able to access that one via bluestacks. It would be a very tedious thing to do if I had to delete this file every single time I want to switch accounts.

Edit #2: Screw it, I logged out... It works!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, not working.

When you open Instagram, it creates a file called "profig.os". Apparently it uses it do recognize the device, and could be used to log in somehow. :/
Is that a file created on the sdcard? You can try deleting that file, or possibly a format of the sdcard to see if that helps you log back in. Also, are you trying to log in while connected to wifi? Because they may have also blocked the IP.

I just read your post. That's good to hear!

samuelhesketh

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently experiencing the same problem. I have deleted profig.os from my computer but when i reinstall instagram i can't login still. How did you do a clean install and how did you login again?

rockinrohit

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Im having the exact same problem. Ive already tried contacting instagram about it, but chances are the wont respond and they haven't. Also instagram doesnt block the ip, because I have tried it on ither wifi networks.

tyronezionlion

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
hi im having same problem i cant create new account its saying my account has been blocked for violating terms i [edited by mod] without root and rebuilt app so it couldnt verify license applications still no use is there anything else i can do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Please do not talk about illegal activities (such as stealing things) in the forums. We do not take this lightly.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
hi im having same problem i cant create new account its saying my account has been blocked for violating terms i [edited by mod] without root and rebuilt app so it couldnt verify license applications still no use is there anything else i can do?

When your account is blocked for breaking TOS it's gone...you will have to make another one