Is it impossible to restore a "rooted android" back to the original factory setting?

2gcard3gphone

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess many ppls asked online about the same question but none of them got the answer, probably because ppls'd mistaken it... so i would put it this way by history

Day 01 New Bought Android = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 02 Installed market or nonmarket apps = "no original factory setting" with "factory root"

Day 03 Factory Reset = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 04 Rooted the android = "no original factory setting" with "no factory root"

Day 05 Is it impossible to return the phone to the status of "Day 01" or "Day 03"?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess many ppls asked online about the same question but none of them got the answer, probably because ppls'd mistaken it... so i would put it this way by history

Day 01 New Bought Android = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 02 Installed market or nonmarket apps = "no original factory setting" with "factory root"

Day 03 Factory Reset = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 04 Rooted the android = "no original factory setting" with "no factory root"

Day 05 Is it impossible to return the phone to the status of "Day 01" or "Day 03"?

Welcome to the forums!
I don't really understand the question. Is there a way you could rephrase?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, something went wrong from Day 3 to Day 4. Rooting does not equal modding; that is, if you ONLY rooted your phone, you still have the original Factory Settings, just with root access. If your phone lost the Factory Settings, then I guess that besides rooting, you flashed a different ROM, right? And I'm pretty sure it has been answered before :) But no biggie, we can answer again and again, that's what we're all here for, right?

That being said, it is possible to return the phone to it's original settings. All you need is to flash the original ROM if you flashed a different one and unroot your phone (similar process to rooting, only restoring the original file access rights). The trick, however, is that most phones have a 'flash counter' that gives you away when you take it back to the supplier. Some methods avoid changing this counter and I believe there's even one that allows you to reset said counter (but I'm not sure on this last one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699