[RST_STAT = 0x00000008]

SevenFactors

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello Android Central ^_^ Fresh community member, 4 years android user.
As you guys can tell by the thread's title, I'm experiencing issues with my phone. I've a Samsung Galaxy Beam GT-I8530 running Android 4.1.2. This is an unlocked phone.

Recently I've been getting the following error. What does it mean? How can I fix it?

[RST_STAT = 0x00000008]
Android logo with a voice cloud thing which inside has a loading loop but this is not looping.
Then it says KERNEL PANIC UPLOAD MODE

After restarting the phone everything goes back to normal.

I like to add that sometimes the phone locks up, as if the CPU is at 100% or the RAM is not being handled properly. If this happens while watching a video, the video stills plays but I can't exit back to home screen. The back & menu keys fail to work. I either have to allow the phone enough to handle the crash on its own or I have to hold the power button till the phone restarts.

In trying to ease the phone work flow I've disabled widgets that don't use like "Weather Widget,"
The standard Swype keyboard that came with the phone [I got the paid version of Swype+Dragon]
All type of Samsung apps that I'ver nor will I ever use like: splanner, Samsung Apps, Samsung Backup Provider, Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter.

I installed a new launcher Nova Launcher for its focus on performance & an application called Greenify to hopefully help me with the ram management. Both of these apps are said to work best with root access. I would like to root my phone but before I get to that, I would like to understand the above error message.

Thanks

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Android Central ^_^ Fresh community member, 4 years android user.
As you guys can tell by the thread's title, I'm experiencing issues with my phone. I've a Samsung Galaxy Beam GT-I8530 running Android 4.1.2. This is an unlocked phone.

Recently I've been getting the following error. What does it mean? How can I fix it?

[RST_STAT = 0x00000008]
Android logo with a voice cloud thing which inside has a loading loop but this is not looping.
Then it says KERNEL PANIC UPLOAD MODE

After restarting the phone everything goes back to normal.

I like to add that sometimes the phone locks up, as if the CPU is at 100% or the RAM is not being handled properly. If this happens while watching a video, the video stills plays but I can't exit back to home screen. The back & menu keys fail to work. I either have to allow the phone enough to handle the crash on its own or I have to hold the power button till the phone restarts.

In trying to ease the phone work flow I've disabled widgets that don't use like "Weather Widget,"
The standard Swype keyboard that came with the phone [I got the paid version of Swype+Dragon]
All type of Samsung apps that I'ver nor will I ever use like: splanner, Samsung Apps, Samsung Backup Provider, Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter.

I installed a new launcher Nova Launcher for its focus on performance & an application called Greenify to hopefully help me with the ram management. Both of these apps are said to work best with root access. I would like to root my phone but before I get to that, I would like to understand the above error message.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
Unlocked, as in rooted?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

SevenFactors

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
No, unlocked as in I can use it with any carrier. Sorry for the confusion but to me when it comes to phone "unlocked" stands for SIM or Network unlocked. For the rest I call it for what it is "rooted" or "unlocked bootloader"

Anyways, do you know anything about the error I am getting?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, unlocked as in I can use it with any carrier. Sorry for the confusion but to me when it comes to phone "unlocked" stands for SIM or Network unlocked. For the rest I call it for what it is "rooted" or "unlocked bootloader"

Anyways, do you know anything about the error I am getting?

Thanks

Have you disabled any stock apps?

SevenFactors

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you disabled any stock apps?

Yes, I did. As I stated on my fist post, I've disabled stock samsung apps.

I've re-enabled them but still, apps still crashing. Google voice, Youtube, and other apps, after some use lock the phone up. There is nothing I can do other than leave them phone alone till it gets around to prompt me with message saying that said app has crashed. Or I have to force shutdown the phone [hold power button]

Now, please be more direct. Do you know what the error code I'm getting is all about? Do you know what it actually means?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty