HELP PLEASE!!! Samsung Galaxy S4; 4.3 Update turned off WiFi for good?

Gencc

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Golfdriver97 hi .can you help me with my s4 gt-i9505 afer updating to 4.4 my wifi wont turn on and my gestures are not working have you any idea how cean repair this sorry for my english.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It that's the 4.4 leak, not an official 4.4 release, there's no telling what bugs it has. Leaks aren't guaranteed last versions. And you cn'r downgrade to 4.3 either. You'll just have to wait until Samsung and your carrier come out with an official 4.4 OTA.

Emma Morgan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I just tried to do this for my Samsung S4 as it decided to update to 4.3 yesterday and I had the same problem not being able to access wif, so I downloaded the Rom file for android 4.2.2 (the version my phone was originally) followed the instructions and now I cannot get passed the Samsung logo and I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

EDIT: factory reset solved the problem..... Thanks for all this, I couldn't imagine waiting forever for Samsung to sort the wifi issue out

Samsung updates.com has a library of stock ROMs.
Look for your EXACT model number, and download it.
You will need a program called Odin. Download and install that.
Look over this: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
And ask any questions before starting.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can be removed. Amazing what happens when you put a couple of geniuses to work on a problem and give them a couple of months.

I thought it still blocked installing custom ROMs and is now so entrenched in the bootloader.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

AbsolutStardom

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Will this fix work with a Canadian SGH-1337M? I have the exact same problem.

Also..my device is unlocked. Would I have to install the carrier's stock rom which the phone was previously locked to? or can I install my carrier's stock rom? They both use the SGH-1337M

Anjelika Cherenkov

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3; the update went 100% fine, no issues, no errors, nothing. After the apparently perfect install, I turn it on to find out WiFi WON'T turn on. The WiFi setting stays on "off" no matter how many times I click on it. I tried putting it in Airplane mode, but that didn't do anything either. I tried restoring to Factory Settings and that didn't work, either. I can't set anything up because it doesn't let me even turn WiFi on and I don't have signal because I purchased the phone unlocked. Please help me out! I have no clue what's going on. This never happened before on 4.2.2 and now I can't even use the phone. HELP!

Tony Middleton

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Same issue. I updated to 4.3 and lost wifi, sound, and the ability to make calls. I'd like to revert to 4.2.2 but I'm unable to find the required firmware on samsungupdates. I'm on the exact same t-mobile Galaxy S4 (M919). Would you be able to link me to the appropriate file? To confirm, downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2.2 won't brick my phone... right?

Tony Middleton

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue except it's a little worse. I can't make calls, and I have no sound (can't even play through headphones, no alerts, etc.). I went to Samsung-updates.com and was only able to secure the 4.3 ROM. I have the exact same t-mobile S4 (M919). Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue except it's a little worse. I can't make calls, and I have no sound (can't even play through headphones, no alerts, etc.). I went to Samsung-updates.com and was only able to secure the 4.3 ROM. I have the exact same t-mobile S4 (M919). Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

With the Knox issue you'll probably face I think it's easier to just bring it to t mobile and have it swapped out. It's not your fault Samsung broke your phone

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

moha1155

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Go on wifi and you'll see a thing called smart mode, click on that smart mode, it'll ask u whether to turn it off or on, you want to turn it off. I just found out today :)

Hi Anjelika,
I have the same problem ( upgraded Gs4 to 4.3 but Wifi is not working) I couldn't find smart mode! Where is it? Thank you for your help.

Frae Guile

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Golfdriver97 hi .can you help me with my s4 gt-i9505 afer updating to 4.4 my wifi wont turn on and my gestures are not working have you any idea how cean repair this sorry for my english.

I'm not sure if there are anyone still following this thread, but I'm having similar trouble (like @Golfdriver97) with my TMobile Samsung Galaxy S4, Android OS version 4.4.4 (which I only use it to entertain myself... like gaming, stream videos, etc... so I have NO mobile network connection)

It was working fine and dandy until about an hour ago, my WiFi & Bluetooth turned off automatically and will not turn back on after I have tried:
  1. Airplane Mode
  2. Reboot Phone
  3. Removing & exchanging batteries

I have been looking for the "Auto Connect" option in settings but I have scoured the Advanced WiFi settings and there's NOTHING like that.

I think I'm stuck with Factory Reset but I would love to not delete my games, apps, etc.