Google Voice on T-Mobile?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my voicemail when on Verizon.

Well now since switching to T-Mobile I can no longer get Voice to function as my voicemail. When I download and setup the app and then call my phone it will ring but then when voicemail should come up I just get an error saying "We cannot complete your call as dialed" or something along those lines. When I switch back to carrier voicemail everything works.

So am I doing something wrong during setup? Is Voice even compatible with T-Mobile?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You have to call T-Mobile and have them disable your carrier-provided voicemail

OK so T-Mobile disabled the carrier voicemail. I set up Google Voice through the app but now when I call it still goes to a T-Mobile recording saying "You've reached the voice mailbox system...". Any idea what I'm doing wrong now?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile CLAIMED that they disabled the carrier voicemail. ... "when I call it still goes to a T-Mobile recording saying 'You've reached the voice mailbox system.... says they didn't (Assuming 1) that's not the G-Voice mailbox and 2) you didn't switch your G-Mail VM to go to TMobile's VM system [which would be kind of loopy, literally].)