What's with the RPC:S-3 Server error that's been coming up?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just recently upgraded to 4.3 on my Sprint GN2 and began getting this server error when I try to update my apps. I've Googled and found references to it from others using other phones and tablets. I've found many threads referencing it to the FaceBook app, but, this seems to be affecting many other apps other than FB. For me, currently, it seems to be effecting Zinio, Angry Birds(Star Wars) , Kindle, and Firefox. There was a much larger list but it seems that over the last few days, varying other apps that were effected with the same error response have eventually updated.

Is this a Play store issue?

A 4.3 issue?

Is there some setting I need to set or reset on my phone since moving up to 4.3 so it will accept the download and install of the apps?

Anyone have any idea what's actually going on with this error?

Thanks

Tiiu

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've been getting this error for awhile now...I can't download anything off of the Play Store or even update my current apps. Like the OP states it's not just the FB app (which I don't have), it's almost everything I have that needs updating. I can tell when my phone is trying to update my apps since the pull down screen is filled with over 30 error messages of the same kind for each and every app. I really hope something gets done about this.

Also, the phone I use is a Samsung Galaxy S3. My mother and sister also have the same phone but they don't have the same problems...weird.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Often times errors occur. I would try logging out of your Google account via Settings - accounts then log back in. See if that helps. Often times that does help with errors presented with the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, how do I actually log off and back into my account from my phone? The only options I can get to seem to be to switch between mine and my wife's play account but I cannot actually sign out from Play. When I look online with my computer, I don't see an option there either. I also don't see where I can list all my installed apps so I could try to force it from the computer either.

I've tried rebooting a few times, even taking the battery out for awhile and rebooting from there. I still get the multiple Server Error report for those apps.

Funny how it does it for those, but not for others. Also, how it seems that apps that were initially unable to update, eventually do.

What's going on? Is it the App Store? My phone? The OS itself?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When I look online with my computer, I don't see an option there either.
Upper-right of the screen (to the right of "Share" - it'll have your picture if you put one in your profile). Sign out.

I also don't see where I can list all my installed apps so I could try to force it from the computer either.
Left side (on the web page) - My Apps.

What's going on? Is it the App Store? My phone? The OS itself?
The app store. It's Google being Google. They're doing something, and it's causing glitches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty