How to update my AT&T Galaxy S4 after moving abroad and cancelling AT&T Account

lfnovo

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I purchased a Galaxy S4 phone while I was an AT&T customer. After then, I moved out to Brazil and unlocked my phone (IMEI unlock). Now that 4.3 has been rolled out to Galaxy S4, I have an issue. I can't update my phone. When I check for updates under system settings, it tells me that there is no update available. I am sure AT&T doesn't want me to update the phone now that I am in a different country and I am not from their customer base anymore. How I can get rid of this crappy relationship and update my phone for good? I am not experienced in rooting or anything like that, but willing to do whatever it takes. Can someone just point me to the right directions? Also, how do I update the phone without losing important data?

Really appreciate it.

Boris Almishev

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I purchased a Galaxy S4 phone while I was an AT&T customer. After then, I moved out to Brazil and unlocked my phone (IMEI unlock). Now that 4.3 has been rolled out to Galaxy S4, I have an issue. I can't update my phone. When I check for updates under system settings, it tells me that there is no update available. I am sure AT&T doesn't want me to update the phone now that I am in a different country and I am not from their customer base anymore. How I can get rid of this crappy relationship and update my phone for good? I am not experienced in rooting or anything like that, but willing to do whatever it takes. Can someone just point me to the right directions? Also, how do I update the phone without losing important data?

Really appreciate it.

Boris Almishev

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
AT&T pulled back the 4.3 update because it is bug ridden. If you wait a few days, the 4.4 KitKat will hit you. There is a leaked 4.4 for the AT&T, but it has a video codec bug which makes the phone virtually unable to play videos, as well as other unstable things.
If you still want to update despite all that, read VERY CAREFULLY the xda forums for the AT&T S4 or contact me, I tried a lot of things on my AT&T S4 and know what works and what doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty