Dropped phone and can't see screen

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Screen is completely black though I can hear texts coming in. Phone is a Prism II.

I'm assuming my phone is toast. :D

Not necessarily. It could 'just' be the screen. That would require repairing/replacing it. I would get an estimate of the cost, duration, and bother and decide whether that is worth it to me.
But before either turning it in for service or writing it off you need to consider your personal contents on that phone, and what it gives access to. You don't want that in the wrong hands.
Do you have good backups of the contents of your phone somewhere else? If so, then it's a straightforward job: simply wipe the phone remotely. It would be reset to factory settings. As it came. Get a new phone, restore backups to that new phone. Your contacts will be in your Gmail account and automatically restored when you log the new phone into that account.

Apparently you do have access to the internet right now. You may want to have a look at the free app AndroidLost that you can remotely install, wirelessly, on your blackscreen phone if it still works otherwise and is connected to the internet.

And I would get a tough bumper case for my new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch