automatic clearing the cache and the changes to files and system - for tablet shared to the public

lukealfonso

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
hello to everyone,
I'm alfonso, I'm looking for a method or an application for android tablet, which allows me to quickly reset the device deleting any data (from the Internet cache, and the cache to the photos of the various programs such as facebook, twitter etc ...) and that does not allow any modification of the operating system. I need this solution because I have a restaurant and I want to put a tablet on each table for guests to make him see the menu (full of photos and videos), surf the internet and play with the kids.
is there an app that allows this?
or is there a quick way to do this, such as a multiaccount management ?
I remember, for example, that for windows there are applications that completely erase any unauthorized modification, files and cache, at the time you restart the operating system.
Thanks to all

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hello to everyone,
I'm alfonso, I'm looking for a method or an application for android tablet, which allows me to quickly reset the device deleting any data (from the Internet cache, and the cache to the photos of the various programs such as facebook, twitter etc ...) and that does not allow any modification of the operating system. I need this solution because I have a restaurant and I want to put a tablet on each table for guests to make him see the menu (full of photos and videos), surf the internet and play with the kids.
is there an app that allows this?
or is there a quick way to do this, such as a multiaccount management ?
I remember, for example, that for windows there are applications that completely erase any unauthorized modification, files and cache, at the time you restart the operating system.
Thanks to all

Hi lukealfonso, welcome to the club.

I think you may want to have a look at the free app Kiosk.

Good luck.

lukealfonso

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ealevenish,
kiosk seems to be a great app, but only allowing internet browsing does not allow the customer to use other apps , I think for example to the children's games. Based on your suggestion, I searched similar app and I found SureLock. This app does not seem to be bad, but from the tests I'm doing on my galaxy note 3, I can not figure out how to stop the notifications panel ( it's the most important thing to do, to completely lock the device). Is there an android system setting that allows to lock/hide/disable the notifications panel?
Thank you for your help.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
kiosk seems to be a great app, but only allowing internet browsing does not allow the customer to use other apps , I think for example to the children's games.

I haven't tried it (because I'm not a games person) but Kiosk can probably be used to run web-based (children's) games. And in that case you wouldn't necessarily need games apps to actually be installed on the tablet. Just like Chromebooks have no installed user software, only a web browser (Google Chrome), and do everything with applications 'in the cloud'.

And if there are no other installed apps on the tablet itself then those can't be messed with either. Nor would they need 'maintenance' (like updates).

Based on your suggestion, I searched similar app and I found SureLock. This app does not seem to be bad, but from the tests I'm doing on my galaxy note 3, I can not figure out how to stop the notifications panel ( it's the most important thing to do, to completely lock the device). Is there an android system setting that allows to lock/hide/disable the notifications panel?

I don't know, TBH, maybe someone else here does.
But on the box it says Kiosk hides the notification bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty