app to save purchased movies to the SD card

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus F3Q (I know, I know) with only 2 GB of internal storage, and 1.5 GB of that is taken up by apps and the operating system (I don't want to spend hours deleting apps one at a time to see how much space frees up, only to find out that it hardly gained me anything), so the remaining space isn't even enough to save one downloaded movie from Google Play. I have a 32 GB SD Card, but Google Play will not save a pinned movie to the SD card, and this thread suggested that it's not possible:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/acer-iconia-a500/292057-can-google-play-movies-play-sd-card.html
I want to be able to save a pinned movie so I can watch it on airplanes or other places where data service doesn't work.

Are there any other apps which allow you to purchase a movie legally and save the downloaded movie to the SD card, preferably without rooting the phone? (I'm worried that rooting the phone will introduce another whole level of unpredictable problems that support won't be able to help with.) Either a method to trick Google Play into saving the file to the SD card (that's not circumvention of copy protection, since I'm not trying to duplicate the file), or, an entirely separate app, from Netflix or Amazon or whoever, that lets you buy movies and save them onto the SD card, where they might expire after some time period.

(It certainly seems silly if they think this restriction helps to prevent "piracy" -- even if it's stored on an SD card, the Google Play player could still refuse to play the file after the expiration date. Of course someone could try to reverse-engineer the Google Play player to circumvent the restrictions, but for that amount of effort, a user could far more easily obtain a pirated copy some other way. So refusing to save files to the SD card gains them exactly nothing in terms of preventing piracy.)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Google movies allows me on my note 3 on T-mobile to save them to SD card. I also noticed the Vudu app allows movies to be saved to SD card as well ( theres no option to turn it on but it did on my s4)

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Strange. To be clear I assume when you say "Google Movies" I assume you mean Google Play and not some other application... When you pinned a movie and it was saved to your SD card, did you have to change some app setting for it to do that? How did you even know that it was saving to your SD card and not to your phone's internal storage? When I pinned a movie in Google Play, it didn't even tell me where the movie was being saved; I only found out it was being saved to internal storage because the internal storage ran out.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
za8a6y2u.jpg
jaqy3aja.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T

Patricia Pepper

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I found this AFTER I downloaded most of one season of a tv show on Play movies; if I go to the app and delete them are they completely removed from my internal storage?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall