Can't find CWM backup folder

movrshakr

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I was running out of space on internal SD on my Samsung Galaxy S3, so I deleted the CWM backups (I thought I did) and that gave me back to 7GB of free space.

Ran the CWM backup again, but now, the only backup I can find is at
mnt/sdcard/clockworkmmod/backup/1970-01-07.06.00.46.
All the files in that folder are dated 1970 as well.

Free space went down to 4.xGB, so there is a backup somewhere (and the screen messages seemed normal as it ran).

The previous backup folders I deleted had the date of the backup as the first part of the filename, e.g. 2013-05-17.xxxxx. Is this 1970 one I am seeing my new backup? Why is it a 1970 date?

Side question--is there any way to get CWM to store the backup folder on extsd and restore from there?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Best thing to do is delete form recovery. Android 4.2 backups are set up in such a way that backups had specific access paths that apps had no accessibility.

As for the strange date, I don't know, I have it too on my X.

I would discourage storing Nandroids on SD cards. Or, if you really want to do that have at least one backup on your internal. I have had a couple instances where the SD card file was corrupted. Not fun.

Creating the Nandroids can be done directly to the SD card in recovery.

movrshakr

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have android 4.1.2 on mine--not 4.2.

Date thing is really weird. I wish I had an answer to that. Exceptionally strange that my previous backups had the 'date it was done' as part of the folder name, and now they are getting the 1970 name. Something changed (CWM version?). And it is HIGHLY inconvenient--now there is NO WAY to tell when the BU was done; both the folder name and the files in the folder have the 1970 date.

"Creating the Nandroids can be done directly to the SD card in recovery." I don't see how; the lines in recovery to store other than in internal have a path (/storage/sdcard1) to extsd my phone does not have.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its not under backup to external storage? Last I recall, it was toward the bottom.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89