Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 New Charger Problem!

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I'd tried using the new charger in the Philippines but when i used it and i pulled up my tablet with my charger in 2 times and it badly damaged the inside of the new charger and i don't know what to do please help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not entirely clear what you're trying to say. Do you mean the charging port of your tablet is damaged? Or is the tablet malfunctioning after using the charger? Is it an official Samsung charger, or a 3rd party one you bought elsewhere?

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I think it's an official Samsung Charger please help?
But the inside of the charger wire are broken
Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could buy a new charger. It doesn't have to be from Samsung. Any micro USB cable should work.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
MicroUSB cables are essentially standardized, so you can use any microUSB cable to plug into your tablet. The charging block itself can vary in terms of amperage, but for the most part, the tablet will be smart enough not to overcharge. So use any microUSB cable/charger that you might have for any other device, or buy one from your local electronics store.

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
MicroUSB cables are essentially standardized, so you can use any microUSB cable to plug into your tablet. The charging block itself can vary in terms of amperage, but for the most part, the tablet will be smart enough not to overcharge. So use any microUSB cable/charger that you might have for any other device, or buy one from your local electronics store.

Is it the same with Samsung charger?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I'm saying is that any microUSB charger should work fine.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A good quality charger shouldn't cost more than about US$5. Check eBay. (Chargers are pretty much commodities today, the only differences being whether the cable is attached or plugs into the charger, and how much current the charger can supply. Since almost no phone can draw more than about 1.2 Amperes, a 1 Ampere charger should be fine for any phone. If the phone can draw 1.2 Amperes, a 1 Ampere charger will take about 20% longer to charge it. But even 2 Ampere chargers aren't much more expensive.)

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Also keep in mind a low quality charger can damage the device, and in rare instances can cause injury or death.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

If the charger is high quality cannot be damage the device right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo