how to disable any interruptions to google maps - like texts and calls but keep internet connection

CompONEnt

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I ride a motorcycle and when I set my phone on my handlebar cradle to navigate using Google Maps, it will receive texts, IMs and calls from people which interrupt the navigation. These notifications for the most part do not self clear so I have to pull over to the side of the road and get the phone back on to maps.

if this were a listening to music issue I would put the phone in flight mode to stop interruptions but I need the internet to get the live map updates in this case.

so - any suggestions on how I can get uninterrupted Google Maps while I drive? Tried a few do not disturb apps but they tend either to be for calls or for texts and not for IMs at all. The only way I can think of right now is to go into every app (dialer, hangouts, etc.) and disable notifications before I set off, but there must be a more elegant solution that I am overlooking.

Perhaps a different navigation app where the maps are cached but I would still need gps working and would lose the PC to phone maps support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci