How to set photo as wallpaper - not just long press

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile G2. Loving it. Moved from BB! I have a photo that I want to set as the wallpaper, though. I went into Gallery and "long pressed" on the photo. It says, "Set as Wallpaper." But THEN it makes me try to crop the photo and won't allow me to use it in its full size. What's going on? Is there a folder to drop wallpapers in or anything?

Thanks!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
To use a photo full size as wallpaper it needs to be the correct dimensions for your device. If it is, resize the crop box to select the entire image. A lot people don't seem to realize that you can change the size of the crop box by dragging an edge.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
To use a photo full size as wallpaper it needs to be the correct dimensions for your device. If it is, resize the crop box to select the entire image. A lot people don't seem to realize that you can change the size of the crop box by dragging an edge.

Going to Menu > Wallpaper from your home screen does the same thing as well.

I have a 480 x 360 image. The gallery won't let me resize the box to the full size of the screen, though. It just gives me half a screen. This is the issue through the gallery or Menu > Wallpaper.

Do I have the wrong size file somehow?

Thanks!

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
More than likely, you'll need to put your picture onto your desktop and edit the size for the resolution of your g2. I'm not sure what size that would be, though. Sorry. :-(

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana