Uploading from phone to photobucket - more than one photo at a time?

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else has tried doing this?? Why does it only allow one at a time? Its kind of a pain when you want to upload, say, all photos from a vacation.

I tried via USB and photobucket will still only take 1 at a time that way. The only way it does work is by taking off the case, then the back cover, then removing the micro SD and using an adaptor. Kind of a pain to do everytime i want to upload a few pics.

is there some better faster way?

The cases for my phone have the plastic "hinges" and only last so many removes and reapplies - so id rather not have to do that everytime if at all possible.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to do this in order to back up your photos? You can use something pike Dropbox or Google Photos if that's what you're trying to do. It's a lot simpler and automatically backs up.

As for Photobucket, that is a feature of the app.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
you can do more than one photo at a time with the photobucket app?? I was trying just the website on my phone and it wouldnt allow more than one at a time. I figured the app would be the same.

But, yes basically just to keep everything backed up somewhere. I recently had another memory card (an older XD one which i found out was a fake when it arrived) crap out on me so now im extra cautious.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
you can do more than one photo at a time with the photobucket app?? I was trying just the website on my phone and it wouldnt allow more than one at a time. I figured the app would be the same.

But, yes basically just to keep everything backed up somewhere. I recently had another memory card (an older XD one which i found out was a fake when it arrived) crap out on me so now im extra cautious.

Well I don't know about the app. I thought that's what you were using lol

Anyway, it's easier just to use something like Google Photos which offers 15GB free of cloud storage. You can set it to auto backup over WiFi so you don't have to do it manually.

Just download the "Photos" app.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just download the "Photos" app.

Just one thing to note, Photos is actually bundled into Google+. There's talk of them separating the two, but for now you download Google+ in the play store to get the photos app.

If you use a mac, I actually think Adobe Revel is the best backup option. $60 per year for unlimited photo storage at full resolution. The only issue is that there's no proper Windows program and so you cannot download your photos in bulk (only one at a time) from Windows. You can easily download all your photos on Mac OS.

If you're on Windows or Linux, Google Photos is definitely the best option. Unlimited storage at "screen resolution" (2048 pixels in the longest direction, so 2048x1536 for standard 4:3 photos, which is above even a 1080p display) and 100GB of storage is only $2 per month. Plus it's all browser based so it's easy to download your photos on any platform.

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So what are the best options though as far as hardware?? Id like to start organizing and keeping both formats if possible. that way i know if one gets messed up, i have the other.

Should I invest in a USB drive to act as a separate hard drive which would be solely used for storing family photos (and just buy a new one when that one got full over time)? or would that be overreacting?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So what are the best options though as far as hardware?? Id like to start organizing and keeping both formats if possible. that way i know if one gets messed up, i have the other.

Should I invest in a USB drive to act as a separate hard drive which would be solely used for storing family photos (and just buy a new one when that one got full over time)? or would that be overreacting?

If you have a computer you could just do it on that. I think that + the cloud backup should be enough. I do both of those as well :)

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I definitely like having a physical backup as well... I doubt there will ever be an issue with Google not letting you get access to your photos... but what if?!

The only issue with USB hard drives is that the enclosures themselves can often fail and most off-the-shelf USB hard drives are not designed to be easily opened. I would personally go for a USB enclosure and a hard drive. Not necessarily this one but something similar:

Amazon.com: Rosewill Aluminum 3.5-Inch Silver USB 2.0 External Enclosure Cooling RX35-AT-SU SLV Silver: Computers & Accessories

That way if the enclosure does fail but the drive is still fine you can recover the data without issue.

Mike Colder

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My old iphone5 photobucket app, when opened would see new pictures and ask if I wanted to upload all them.. It worked great!

Now that Iv updated the app.. It wont upload.. Or even ask! I thought updates were good but now Im screwed and deleted the app.

Is there anyway of downloading the older photobucket app again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty