Pairing with a mobile phone

gino_76ph

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
hi

i want to ask how do i tether an Android tablet with my Samsung Galaxy Apollo i5800 mobile phone in order to access the internet via the 3G/HSDPA network?

* i'm with T-mobile UK and have a quite "unlimited" internet on my tariff so i want to exploit that whenever i'm out and about in the country (not that i always do) or travelling to Europe

i rung Samsung and they seem to suggest that my phone is not capable of acting as a modem/access point in order to tether my Archos 70 tablet.

i rung Archos and further i was told that there is a way: i need an SSID number or code of some sort from my network provider in order for tethering to work.

is this true?

i then rung Orange (my network provider) and my issue went to the "2nd line" tech support team and they said "they don't support or have any information about the tablet" and if tethering is supported it is only with XP/Vista?Windows 7 devices.

its too technical but can you actually help me on this one please....

is there an app to help with tethering? i.e. freely and openly?

or shall i just wait for the 2.2 OS?

thanks.

SilverTT

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Looking for any updates on this topic as I hopefully will have my hands on an Archos 101 soon.

I have tether my BB Torch to my laptop but want to know best process when I get an Archos. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19