Titanium Backup Mishap (Android n00b)

AciDeX

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hope this is the right area to post this, apologies if it's not.

First off I'll come right out and say it, I'm new to Android but have been tweaking and modding other handhelds for awhile. Mostly China MP4 players, Blackberries, Windows Platforms and such.

Anywho, I got my first android smartphone (LG Optimus S) on Sprint a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying playing around with the abundance of apps and mods that are out there.

One of the first things I did was root and installed Titanium Backup. I went through and ran the batch to backup all my downloaded apps. I then went through and backed up a few of the stock sprint apps and removed a few that I figured I wouldn't be using thinking that I would be free to reinstall them if needed. Here's where my problem is, I backed up and removed the "Sprint Zone" app and after a reboot it's not available to "Restore" in Titanium Backup's Manager. I guess there are a few apps and special offers through that app that makes it worth keeping around.

With the AndroZip App I was able to locate the Sprint Zone .gz in the Titanium Backup directory. My question is what/ where to put it? Or if I can even use it to install the app back on my phone, It's not a APK like most the other Sprint/ Android apps.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
-Acid

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Without the APK I don't think there is a way to recovery that app. If you find someone with a rooted LG Optimus they may be able to send it to you.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint zone is an apk on the evo id imagine it is on the optimus too?

I'd be willing to bet Ksmith can fix you up over in the optimus forums tho haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87