How do I view iPhoto Library on Android?

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
view iPhoto Library on android?

Is there a way (app?) that would allow me to see the pictures I have imported in an iPhoto Library (sitting on an external drive) on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: view iPhoto Library on android?

Welcome to the forums.

To clarify, you transferred the photos from the external to your phone? They don't show up in the stock Gallery app, or even a file exploring app?

What format are the photos in?

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

No no. I have an iPhoto Library, created and managed with my Mac, and I wonder if I can directly read it from the tablet without importation, as when I have photos on a thumb drive that I plug in the tablet and then Browse. Problem is iPhotoLibrary files encapsulate the pictures in some hidden subfolder, etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure what to suggest, as I do not have a Mac. Sorry.

From an AOSP M8

potiv

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one who got what you mean? I'm wondering how to do either.
I synchronised my iphoto library onto the cloud with dropbox and I would like to read that directory with my samsung s5, possibly as events. Normally, it appears with lots of hidden folders inside of it, the standard iphotolibrary file which macbook users see in the pictures folder. Did you find out how to do it? any app available on the store?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The iPhoto library is a proprietary container. There are a few non-Apple Mac apps that can read that container (I think Photoshop may be one), those run on the Mac. To maintain the integrity of the container, I think it needs to remain on a Mac-formatted drive. Also, any edits you've made to photos within the library will only be available in iPhoto or Aperture (or the upcoming Photos).

On a Mac, I believe you CAN see the photos within the container in the file system but they may not show as being within "projects" or "events" but, again, that's ONLY on a Mac as the OS has the ability to "unlock" it.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way (app?) that would allow me to see the pictures I have imported in an iPhoto Library (sitting on an external drive) on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8?

If you want to view photos on your device not locally stored you need to upload them to a cloud service; iPhoto is only for organizing photos on a Mac.

You need to tap your phones into Google Drive, Box, Drop Box, OneDrive to view photos in the cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87