Can I get some guidance for a newbie?

rwisot

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Guidance for a newbie

Hello All,

I may have jumped the gun signing up on this site. It appears more geared towards smart phone users, and not regular tablet users. If I am wrong, please let me know. Also, if I am correct and anyone knows of a better repository for tablet users, please let me know as well.

Having said that, let me ask my question.

I am a tablet newbie; no prior smart phone exposure and the closest thing to social media I do is LinkedIn. My wife gave me a Galaxy Tab S for Christmas. This is going to take me some time to get used to. I have read the majority of the Samsung manual, which really has not been any help to this point. (I doubt the remainder will be any better.) I plan to order “My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4”, by Eric Butow in the next couple days. This is the closest thing I can find to a get smart with your Tab S book. If anyone has any suggestions towards learning the ins & outs of this tablet, please let me know.

One thing I REALLY want to figure out is how to tweak this thing so I can watch basic Hulu. I understand it has to do with setting your device to be perceived as a desktop, as opposed to a mobile device. I have looked on several forums for answers, but have not found a solution as yet. Several suggested using the “about:debug” command within your browser, but that failed. I tried it on three different browsers with no success. None of the browsers even recognized the command string. I tried using the Photon Browser with built in Flash. It actually worked the first time I used it, but it has not worked since. I plan to try some other browsers, but am guessing it will take some type of code or setting within the tablet itself to skirt this issue. Maybe this is where “rooting” comes in. I still need to read up and educate myself on this process.

So if anyone has any suggestions, please enlighten me on becoming a tablet aficionado. Thanks!

Rich
Apex, NC

rwisot

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Guidance for a newbie

I am not looking or attempting to modify any of Hulu’s property. I am only looking to make my tablet appear as a “regular” computer. You can watch basic Hulu on any desktop, laptop, or netbook. You can probably also watch it on any Chromebook or Surface. There are probably also others as well. I am not familiar with Apple or Mac operating systems, but I would venture Windows 8 is beginning to enter that gray area between tablet and computer. So whether I watch basic Hulu on my 10” netbook, or on my 10.5” tablet, there is no difference other that the operating system.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Guidance for a newbie

The free Hulu service is only meant for desktop/laptop viewing, everything else is blocked - phones and tablets specifically.