How does one set different tones for notifications on the Galaxy Note 4?

slomoe

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi All... just moved over from iOS to android. Love my new phone and still getting used to things. Is there an app that I need to set different tones for different notifications? I searched through the forums, and couldn't find anything. It seems that in the current build (4.4.4), my only choice is to go through the sound settings, but that only allows for one tone for everything. I know that in order to do this with my iOS device, I needed a 3rd party app along with my jailbroken device. Thx for any help

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All... just moved over from iOS to android. Love my new phone and still getting used to things. Is there an app that I need to set different tones for different notifications? I searched through the forums, and couldn't find anything. It seems that in the current build (4.4.4), my only choice is to go through the sound settings, but that only allows for one tone for everything. I know that in order to do this with my iOS device, I needed a 3rd party app along with my jailbroken device. Thx for any help

Welcome to the forums. Depends on the notification you want, but you won't need another app. Say you want to change your email sound, go to (I'll use Gmail) Gmail, click menu, and settings. Here is where most commonalities will stop. Gmail, will be under you@gmail. Most other apps will have a notification setting somewhere in the general settings in the app.

You can have a general phone sound, specific contacts for phone sounds, general notifications, and some per app notifications, mainly email and text. It just depends on what app you are referring to.

Edit: you do NOT need to be rooted (equivalent of jailbroken).

slomoe

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for responding and the welcome.... i didn't realize that there was a setting option within each app. I was going through the application manager, or the general settings of the phone itself. I'm still looking for the gmail setting, but i'll find it. :) I was able to change the tone for text messages and calendar reminders. thx again

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for responding and the welcome.... i didn't realize that there was a setting option within each app. I was going through the application manager, or the general settings of the phone itself. I'm still looking for the gmail setting, but i'll find it. :) I was able to change the tone for text messages and calendar reminders. thx again

No sweat. Glad you were able to get things worked out.
Gmail might be a unified app setting. There should be 3 lines at the upper left of the app. That is where settings is, and it is close to the bottom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89