Can I get some help with sd card problems?

Samantha Culmone

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
sd card problems

Ok so I have an HTC desire 510 i just bought a 128gb ad card so I can have all my music on my phone. I first put it in and downloaded everything on it fine worked perfect a few days later it unexpectedly unmounted itself I plugged the USb into the computer and scanned it for viruses and nothing but it worked again and the next to days it happened again it's getting frustrating there's nothing wrong with it but it just keeps unmouting itself and when it does it won't stay mounted I checked it in the settings and it just reads unavalible or calculating I need some help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: sd card problems

This usually means your card is beginning to fail or you have some corrupted files in it. Furthermore, all this unmounting/remounting drains your battery. I suggest you first try to re-format the card (back up your files elsewhere first) and try it for a couple days WITHOUT THE FILES. That way you'll know that if it doesn't fail, it's not the card. Then re-load the files. If it fails again, it might be one of those files being corrupt.

Samantha Culmone

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

But see I put my old ad card in that has thoes same files and it's fine nothing's wrong with it and I just bought the 128 gb ad card brand new in package

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Again, it might be one single file that got corrupt in the SD Card or it might be the SD Card failing (in my personal experience, let's just say I've lost enough travel photos and battery life to ever use SD cards as primary storage ever again).

To see if it's a file, I'd copy THE EXTACT SAME FILES from SD Card that fails into your old one. Wipe the old one first before that and don't just copy some files. Copy ALL of the SD Card. Make sure you get hidden files and everything.

Samantha Culmone

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

It's a SanDisk and I think I got it I plugged it into the computer and tried reformatting it and it kept saying it was read only so I had to go through the cmd to fix it redownloaded everything and so far no problems let's just see if it lasts