Downloaded file manager. Will not uninstall. How can I download it?

khani245

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Downloaded file manager. Will not uninstall

I just got rid of that ******* File Manager com.adv.fm.pro. Go to settings>Device Administration. Now unselect "Android Settings". You won't be able to select it easily but keep trying. Once you unselect it you will be able to uninstall that **** from application manager. Hope that helps !!!

aditiroy0097

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
just 1 minute..
at first go to "Battery management or Power management " option. click on it. then click on "auto start manager".. then you will see the worst "File manager" application, which you have downloaded. then you will see "allow - deny" button. press on the button "deny" (on file manager only) . it'll stop. then download "APTOIDE" app or any application uninstaller app. Then open aptoide . look for File manager app (from the list of update app). long press on the File manager app. then you will see a administrative options (administration manager) click on it. you will see 2 option (ticking 2 app) . then untick (unmark) 2nd one. then back to the uninstaller app. long press on File manager. click on uninstall option. Now you are free from virus. File manager is uninstalled now. :)

Jip Pers

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Wow this was like the saddest thing to read....so apparently there is some apks that are being installed (whether u download it thinking it was a legit ap to get credits for or u where trying to get a paid app for free)

It seems like nobody knows how to fix this... Thus is why i hate galaxys... Their OS is so rubberish... And rooting its sometimes the last option one average person wants to do besides factory reset....

Im stuck with that app too... And if i dont find a solution to it... Im going to have to factory reset...

Ill post back if i find a way

.. Installed an app i downloaded so i wouldn't buy it... I have done this with manyyy apps in the last 3-4 yrs... Never had anything like this happened to me before.

Yes we all have gone to settings..security.. Blah blah... But the app does NOT appear on the "Device Admin list" and it does NOT let any of the others to be unchecked....

It does not appear on the app drawer... An icon for "file explorer" was placed on main screen after installation of the app... It doesnt appear on the settings...apps..

Using third party aapps to uninstall will show the app and will allow you to access the app info (where the force stop, uninstall,clearchache is) but all options are grayed out.....

Jip Pers

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
So.... Not long after my reply.... I sat there and though about freaking "safe mode"
Who has NOT recover their PC after a dummy move on safe mode?? Ive done it several times basically on the same issue installing bootlegged programs ... I knew Android can restart on safemode and then itried and it worked!!! Felt so dumb..

So. 4 steps>boot in safe mode/uncheck device admin app >reboot regular mode> uninstall ..

To access Safe mode... usually is.. HOLD power button until device restarts.. as soon as u see your device Brand Logo (HTC.Samsung. Motorola) let the power button Go and Rigth away press volume down.. Then Let go until you see the device open on safe mode (usually says SAFE MODE on the low left corner) if that doest work you can always google "safe mode -device name and/or model"

Once in safw mode you will be able to FINALLY go into your "security" settings and uncheck the famous File manager app (which is the MAIN problem) thus on the "device admin apps" list....reboot device normally so u can then go to your 3rd party app manager and uninstall that mother flucker ...

... In my case i had to use my 3rd party app manager (App backup & restore) but remember In safe mode most of your non factory apps wont run by default (thats why we can then fix the issue)...so dont forget to restart ur device out of safe mode after u unchecked the app from the -device admin app-list

Hope that helped .

Last edited:

nicholas albano

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
So.... Not long after my reply.... I sat there and though about freaking "safe mode"
Who has NOT recover their PC after a dummy move on safe mode?? Ive done it several times basically on the same issue installing bootlegged programs ... I knew Android can restart on safemode and then itried and it worked!!! Felt so dumb..

So. 4 steps>boot in safe mode/uncheck device admin app >reboot regular mode> uninstall ..

To access Safe mode... usually is.. HOLD power button until device restarts.. as soon as u see your device Brand Logo (HTC.Samsung. Motorola) let the power button Go and Rigth away press volume down.. Then Let go until you see the device open on safe mode (usually says SAFE MODE on the low left corner) if that doest work you can always google "safe mode -device name and/or model"

Once in safw mode you will be able to FINALLY go into your "security" settings and uncheck the famous File manager app (which is the MAIN problem) thus on the "device admin apps" list....reboot device normally so u can then go to your 3rd party app manager and uninstall that mother flucker ...

... In my case i had to use my 3rd party app manager (App backup & restore) but remember In safe mode most of your non factory apps wont run by default (thats why we can then fix the issue)...so dont forget to restart ur device out of safe mode after u unchecked the app from the -device admin app-list

Hope that helped .

That was exactly right.....you are great for remembering such things!!!!
Bless you!!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

In safe mode once you uncheck device admin next to virus why can't you uninstall it in safe mode then reboot?

Matan Sabag

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
thanks man

just a question
If I uninstalled it in safe mode ,does it matter?
and should I return what I unchecked/does it necessary at all?

you rock:p

Tata Beha

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow this was like the saddest thing to read....so apparently there is some apks that are being installed (whether u download it thinking it was a legit ap to get credits for or u where trying to get a paid app for free)

It seems like nobody knows how to fix this... Thus is why i hate galaxys... Their OS is so rubberish... And rooting its sometimes the last option one average person wants to do besides factory reset....

Im stuck with that app too... And if i dont find a solution to it... Im going to have to factory reset...

Ill post back if i find a way

.. Installed an app i downloaded so i wouldn't buy it... I have done this with manyyy apps in the last 3-4 yrs... Never had anything like this happened to me before.

Yes we all have gone to settings..security.. Blah blah... But the app does NOT appear on the "Device Admin list" and it does NOT let any of the others to be unchecked....

It does not appear on the app drawer... An icon for "file explorer" was placed on main screen after installation of the app... It doesnt appear on the settings...apps..

Using third party aapps to uninstall will show the app and will allow you to access the app info (where the force stop, uninstall,clearchache is) but all options are grayed out.....

J.P. You son of a Gun😎!!!!! You get a Biggggg Smooch 😽 You saved my android life!!! Thank you So much, From you're 2016, tech princess in need😙😙😙😽

Arjunkdps

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

I downloaded a file mgr that came as an .apk file. It dumps full screen ads for other apps at any given time. I tried to uninstall but no luck. The uninstall button is greyed out. I got a dedicated uninstaller and tried but it says I have to go to accessability and remove it from the list there. It isn't on the list. When I go to Google Play, and touch an app I want to read about, other apps pop up instead like Credit Karma or internet ads.
How do I get rid of this file manager? It's not the native Galaxy app.

Arjunkdps

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

Go to settings and find the device administrator then you can see the file called File Manager click it and we can see the option for deactivation press get the deactivation and exit the settings now take the settings once again and select the installed apps you can see the file manager take it and pressed force stop and 1 then press uninstall until it's deactivated from device administrators it can't be uninstalled thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87