I want to download the Craftsy App. Why does it need access to my photos and files?
    05-29-2015 02:17 PM
    Looking at the description, it might need to access your camera for some of its functions. App permissions often lack context... they don't explain why they call for a certain permission... and sometimes it isn't all that obvious why a certain permission is used when in fact it is required for a critical function.
    Looking at the description, it might need to access your camera for some of its functions. App permissions often lack context... they don't explain why they call for a certain permission... and sometimes it isn't all that obvious why a certain permission is used when in fact it is required for a critical function.
    05-29-2015 02:26 PM
    It also may need access to a part of a file that would appear to someone who didn't write the app to have nothing to do with it. (For instance - and I have no idea how close to reality this is - I might be able to turn the GPS on easier by calling a function in Maps than by calling an Android API, so I'd need access to Maps, even though my app doesn't display any maps.)
    05-29-2015 05:09 PM
    Are you talking about the Crafty Classes app? Read the description of the permission, not just the header... It needs access to your SD card ( which in Android terms includes built in internal storage). If you're downloading and caching videos, you need somewhere to save them right?
    05-30-2015 01:16 AM