LG-E980 - Problem since ATT's update. Can I please get some help?

A

AC Question

LG-E980 - Problem since ATT's update

Hi! ATT recently updated my lg-E980 Optimus Pro phone and since then I've had this problem. When I open messaging to text someone I tap the paper clip, then tap take photo to send to that contact. The photo doesn't show up in the message like it was doing before the update. It's just so much more trouble to go to "camera" and go through the steps to send a photo to a friend by messaging. Now when I try to take a photo while in the message bubble, I can't even find that photo on my phone. All my photos were going to Gallery, and that's where I want them. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG-E980 - Problem since ATT's update

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Messaging, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Be aware that this might erase any saved messages, so if that's a problem, then Clear Cache only.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are the photos being saved to Internal Storage or the SD card? If the latter, see what happens if you use a different SD card. If the current one is corrupt or defective, then it might be having trouble saving the photos you're takiing.

Polly Lindsley

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

They are going to internal storage. The camera settings will not let me change it to sd card. It's grayed out. Do you think if I take it to an ATT store, they would be able to help? Thanks so much for your help so far!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's a good idea, but AT&T might also throw up their hands and say they can't do anything. Make sure they know this happened after an update they pushed.

Adnann Asad

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site

Hi! ATT recently updated my lg-E980 Optimus Pro phone and since then I've had this problem. When I open messaging to text someone I tap the paper clip, then tap take photo to send to that contact. The photo doesn't show up in the message like it was doing before the update. It's just so much more trouble to go to "camera" and go through the steps to send a photo to a friend by messaging. Now when I try to take a photo while in the message bubble, I can't even find that photo on my phone. All my photos were going to Gallery, and that's where I want them. Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress