I have unrooted my phone, but it refuse to update. What should I do?

A

AC Question

i have unrooted my phone, but it refuse to update

I removed the root ,but it still doesn't seem to allow me to update my phone
(s5 SM-G900FD) instead it says
"the operation system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using samsung kies on your PC...but when i check for updates on samsung kies it says that it already has been updated. i really want to update my phone ,but ufortunately i'm stuck with 4.4.2. I don't know what i should do now.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: i have unrooted my phone, but it refuse to update

I removed the root ,but it still doesn't seem to allow me to update my phone
(s5 SM-G900FD) instead it says
"the operation system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using samsung kies on your PC...but when i check for updates on samsung kies it says that it already has been updated. i really want to update my phone ,but ufortunately i'm stuck with 4.4.2. I don't know what i should do now.

Welcome to Android Central!

Turn your phone off, hold power button, home button, and volume down. That should put you in download mode, volume up should get the process started. Plug in to Samsung Keis, click options, click update. It will ask you for your phones model number and serial number make sure to have those written down. The serial is under the battery, so get it before you put the phone in download mode. Once you enter that info it should pop up what software build your phone is supposed to be on and then it will start downloading the info. Please keep in mind that his process is going to wipe your phone so make sure to back up all your critical info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87