Why am I unable to log into Google hangouts after factory reset?

A

AC Question

unable to log into google hangouts after factory reset

I had to factory reset my phone today after getting everything back up to date (including hangouts) it will not let me sign back in I synced my gmail account to my phone and it says signing in when I click the hangouts app but it never signs all the way in....I closed out of the app cleared the data ect did not help I have no idea what else I can do. my phone is a Kyocera Rise Android version 4.0.3. it is a virgin mobile phone so I cant root it. I am thinking it might be the newest update of hangouts since I have no problem with the gmail app, chorme app, or google+ app but any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: unable to log into google hangouts after factory reset

Welcome to Android Central! Was Hangouts preinstalled on the phone, or did you have to install it yourself? If it was preinstalled, then try uninstalling updates and run the original version.

BreePix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

yes it came preinstalled but was called talk hen I got the phone...anyway I did what you said twice to make sure and I is still stuck on signing in no errors or anything just signing in I left it on that page for a full hour and no change

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, try going to Settings>Accounts​, completely remove your Google account, then add it back again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. Do you have 2-factor authentication turned on for your Google account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I'm not sure what the next step should be. You could try another factory reset just to make sure.

BreePix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

thanks anyway I have done 3 of them, im going to attempt to connect through a different connection next time I am out of the hills I li in a poor service area and although my wifi is okay its not the best.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I should have asked this before--does this happen regardless of using wi-fi or mobile data?

BreePix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

like I said I live in a cell dead zone and do not get into areas that have good data connection that often but I have never had a problem like this in the past

BreePix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

I turned off my mobile data totally off and connected through wifi that way and then turned data back on in case anyone else has this issue his may fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh good--so did that actually fix it for you?

BreePix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

yes that fixed it. living in a dead cell zone may be peaceful but it sure is a pain sometimes.