How can I get rid of adware?

A

AC Question

adware removal

Clicking on any button or hyperlink on any of the normal sites redirects to other sites including facebook. How to get rid of the same. Eralier i used to face issue on chrome. Hence, i uninstalled it. And installed Firefox. For first few days it worked fine. But now i have started experiencing the issue on Firefox too. This is also an issue on Internet Explorer.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: adware removal

It's an app with permission to access the internet. When it sees you open a browser it redirects. You need to find that app and uninstall it. It could be one that recently updated or it could be a new one. There are a few ways to try and find it but it won't be easy. It used to be push notifications and apps came out to find those so now it's redirects. Here are some ways you may be able to find it and remove it...

Go into your app drawer and in the upper left corner sort your drawer by recent, and I think those will be your last installed apps. Use that list to go back to your PS account and look through the reviews abd see if anyone is complaining about being redirected.

Go to your PS account and look at all the ratings for your installed apps I'd start with the lowest rated ones and do the same.

Think about your apps that have ads. Are any of them really aggressive with the ads? Like every time you change screens in the app or every time you close the app? Check those reviews.

Your best bet is going to reviews abd others posting their anger at dealing with it. There are a few apps that look at permissions and might flag ones that ask for internet access but usually they flag ones that ask for ID, phone number, contact access, or have shady certificates so you could get a hit there. When I had the issue it was an mp3 download app.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC One M9