S6 fingerprint and backup password reset with no connectivity screen lock SOLUTION Found! Can I get some help?

Ben Parkes

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
S6 fingerprint and backup password reset with no connectivity screen lock SOLUTION Found!

This is a Solution for gaining access to your locked S6 when your fingerprint and backup password has failed and all connectivity is off.

Mine failed after the battery died and obviously some how lost the data. Fingerprint and backup password wouldn't work! I couldn't use the Google password to reset due to no connectivity.

I was getting to the point where a factory reset was the only option but found that when selecting "Emergency Mode" from the "Power off" menu my phone connected to the mobile and wifi network briefly while it loaded the theme settings.
so I took the phone out of "Emergency mode" and typed in the Google email and password, ready to hit "enter" after I had selected "Emergency mode" I rapidly hit "enter" as the phone loaded "Emergency mode" and after a couple of tries the swipe screen came up and i was able to turn back on wifi before exiting "Emergency mode"

I now have full access once again!!!

I hope this help you guys who are gotten yourselves in the same situation as I did!

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 fingerprint and backup password reset with no connectivity screen lock SOLUTION Found!

Thank you for sharing your ingenious fix.

Welcome as a new member. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
hello, this did not work for me, i really dont want to lose all my stuff.,I have photos of my mom and my S6 does not have an SD card and I am locked out of my phone, my ex changed my password and wont give me the new password. How can I get control of my phone again, I do have a google account

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress