Phone is charging but not showing current battery status

Ammar Sabir

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
HI , i am using Samsung Grand Prime . From the past few hours my i have this problem that my phone is charging but not showing the charging sign. And i have to restart to check the current battery status. but once the wire is unplugged, then again it is stuck there and i have to restart again to check the status.

Plus ,
My Mobile is rooted and i have
1) unrooted the mobile
2) reset it to factory settings.
3) Wipe the phone cache
4) install a new firmware through Odin,

But problem is still there.
Any help??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you say it's charging but not showing the charging sign, do you mean when you check it later that the power level has gone up? If not, it may be the battery, but I'd try a new USB cable first. They are known to go bad in short order, which would cause it to loose the connection internally. So while the plug is in the phone, the wires in the cable are broken and not making contact. A damaged USB port could also cause this.

If for some reason the power level is going up without a charging indicator, I'd just live with it. I doubt this is case, but anything is possible I guess. If you're not sure, install a monitoring app like Gsam that can display the actual battery percentage to check it.