iPhone to Android Problem Transferring Things, can I get some help?

adammg84

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
iPhone to Android Problem Transferring Things

Finally made the plunge after a long time of debating to leave iOS. I got two Moto G 3rd Gens for Wife and I. I'm having a real hard time moving anything over successfully. So far I've managed to get contacts moved, pictures and music. How do I import Calender, Notes & Bookmarks?

I've tried exporting calender from iCloud then importing it into google calendar, but this error message keeps happening

"We're sorry. Google Calendar is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, see our Known Issues page or visit our Help Center.”

When I ordered the phone I was under the impression it would be easy with Motorola Migrate, every time I try to use it, it brings up a webpage explaining that they are no longer supporting it as of Oct 15 2015 in 6.0 although I'm on 5.1.1. Then I found it had an update so I updated it and in the update there's no option for iPhone to Android, just Android to Android..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, pulling my hair out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone to Android Problem Transferring Things

Moving data from iOS to Android is not exactly simple, because the two platforms are so different. For your Calendar, did you export your events into an iCal file? If so, follow the steps here to import into Google Calendar: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en. Were you getting that error message on the Google Calendar webpage on your desktop browser?

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to get your Notes over. Apple's own support site says this: "To copy notes, open the Notes app at iCloud.com. Copy the text of each note and paste it into a document on your computer, such as a Pages or TextEdit document. Save the document to your computer." Not exactly user friendly.

adammg84

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I was using .ics not sure if that is the same? Yes was getting it from my computer browser.

Kind of figured that with notes, was hoping for an easier solution. May just email them to gmail on the phone and copy them into a note app. Which note app is good, didn't come with one loaded on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Google Keep is my notetaking app, but I don't take tons of notes, so it might not be optimal for you. The advantage of Keep is that it syncs automatically to your Google account, like any other Google app. Lots of people also like Microsoft OneNote.

.ics is iCal. Have you tried importing again? Maybe there was a temporary server issue.

adammg84

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I think you are right. Its got to be a server issue. I've tried everything mentioned in google help, still nothing.

I'm going to try Google Keep. It looks simple and that's really all I need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo