Should I switch to Android?

A

AC Question

I am a Windows user and I an considering moving to Android. Microsoft makes most of their Windows apps for Android. Plus Android has many unique features. What are some of Android's best features and if I switch, what phone should I get to replace my Ativ SE?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Android is great if you like to tinker and customize the look and usability of your phone. That's one of Android's strongest points, but of course you're also more than able to do most things right out of the box if you don't want to do that. You also get more options of devices to use it on. In that regard, I would suggest sticking with the big name manufacturers (Samsung, LG, HTC, etc), and preferably a higher end phone. The cheap phone may not get as good of support, both from the manufacturer and the app developers.

For phone, it depends on what you want for options. If you're looking for one with "everything," be prepared to get a big one. Pretty much all the high end current models have a relatively large footprint compared to a few years ago.

I just purchased the LG G4 and loving the fire out of it, but it took a lot of research to decide. It's one of the few phone's that still have sd card slots and removable batteries. Some people think those are obsolete, but I still like having the option. It also has one of the best smart phone cameras if you're a shutterbug. Audio is loud and clear even though it's not front facing stereo. The display is great with more pure colors than warmer looking AMOLED offerings like on Samsung. It's also pretty comfortable for its size (though I'm regretting my bulky case purchase), and I like it despite not being a fan of large phones. With its bigger brother, the V10 out, you can probably snag the G4 at a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa