Need a tough phone, not a pretty one. Any suggestions?

A

AC Question

Need a tough phone, not a pretty one.

Hi guys, new here and not sure if this is the place to ask this but what the hell.

I currently have the Nexus 5 and I love it, but it's not even 2 years old yet and it's already suffering from rubbish battery, and the phone itself is wreck as I hate phone cases.

I'm looking to buy a new phone now, but nothing interests me, sure, there's a lot of pretty looking stuff out there, spec wise, everything is good really for a reasonable price. I'd normally just buy the new Nexus (5X), but I'm not even going to bother as I'll be paying for what it is, just like an iPhone... it's appearance and good specs.

But I want to get a phone that's tough. Not so I can drop it or anything, but so I don't care about it getting roughed up over the next few years. Definitely want to stick with Android. I've never looked into that market, so I need help, if you can please.

Budget is no matter, I'd like good specs of course. Waterproof isn't necessary.

Cheers.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need a tough phone, not a pretty one.

I'd go Nexus 6p, LG V10 or a Note 5. Otherwise, I'd wait for the new crop of flagships.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need a tough phone, not a pretty one.

Hi guys, new here and not sure if this is the place to ask this but what the hell.

I currently have the Nexus 5 and I love it, but it's not even 2 years old yet and it's already suffering from rubbish battery, and the phone itself is wreck as I hate phone cases.

I'm looking to buy a new phone now, but nothing interests me, sure, there's a lot of pretty looking stuff out there, spec wise, everything is good really for a reasonable price. I'd normally just buy the new Nexus (5X), but I'm not even going to bother as I'll be paying for what it is, just like an iPhone... it's appearance and good specs.

But I want to get a phone that's tough. Not so I can drop it or anything, but so I don't care about it getting roughed up over the next few years. Definitely want to stick with Android. I've never looked into that market, so I need help, if you can please.

Budget is no matter, I'd like good specs of course. Waterproof isn't necessary.

Cheers.

If you're on AT&T, definitely get the Samsung Galaxy S6 active. It's rugged, it's got military-grade specifications for drop, and it's water proof/dust proof. Not only that, it's got the best battery on the market right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress