Galaxy S4 and Computer not reading my SD card..what can I do?

Silvita34

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S4 and Computer not reading my SD card....

So I have had this phone for a while, and the SD card has always worked great. Until this morning, it just stopped working. I noticed it wasn't working when an error message on my Galaxy S4. So I went into the storage settings, and under SD card it said unavailable. I took out the card and put it back in to see if it would fix itself, and for a second it said preparing SD card, but then it flashed "removing SD card" and it does the same thing every time I try. I removed the card and inserted to my computer and it also is not reading it. I have allot of stuff on this SD card I really don't want to loose. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to fix it, please?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 and Computer not reading my SD card....

The card evidently went bad. Put it into the computer and run PhotoRec on it (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). If there's anything recoverable, PhotoRec will recover it. (You'll lose the file names, but the extensions will be correct, so a picture might show as f00001.jpg.)

If PhotoRec can't recover files, they're not there. (It's a free program - they should charge $500 for each use. If a large company lost all its accounts receivable, that's a small fee to get the data back. But they're not greedy, they're one of the good guys.)

If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support (upper right) after you recover whatever data you can, and ask about having the card replaced. They will.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89